These Blueberry Lemon Cheesecakes are the epitome of summer in New England and with blueberries being plentiful this time of year, what could be better? A miniature lemon cheesecake with a sweet graham cracker crust is topped with fresh blueberry preserves, and fresh blueberries. Sprinkle with lemon zest, powdered sugar and chopped mint for an added touch of freshness. I love these cakes, because they are light and refreshing, perfect at an outdoor summer soiree.
- 8 sheets of graham crackers
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2, 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of blueberry jam
- 1 pint blueberries
- Powdered sugar, lemon zest and chopped mint for dusting.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- Place the graham crackers into a food processor and pulse the graham crackers to crumbs. Add in the sugar and melted butter. Take mixture and evenly distribute to the bottom of each muffin liner. Once distributed, press mixture down so crust stays together.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheese and white sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy. Once incorporated, slowly add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and egg. Beat until well combined.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling evenly between the cups and bake 15-20 minutes. The edges should be light brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once the cheesecakes are completely cooled, spread about ½ tablespoon of jam on top of each and cover the top. Sprinkle with the fresh blueberries.
- Sprinkle cheesecakes with powdered sugar, lemon zest and fresh mint.
About my Guest!
If you loved this recipe and want more from The Preppy Hostess, be sure to check out her blog and follow her on social media!
Website: The Preppy Hostess
Facebook: The Preppy Hostess
Google +: Molly Shapiro