This salad is incredibly easy to make and tastes delicious, especially on a hot day. It came together as I was looking through my refrigerator trying to come up with a side dish for dinner. I wanted a salad, but I had no lettuce. I did have chick peas (garbanzo beans) and some other vegetables. I love creating something new with ingredients I have at the moment. There you have it, The Chick Pea Spring Salad was born!
Remember this is my version, feel free to add any other ingredients you think would taste good!
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 2 cups chopped red or green tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red or white onion
- 1 cup chopped pepperoncinis
- 8 freshly chopped basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix salad ingredients together in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
- For the dressing, whisk oil, vinegar and juice together in a small bowl until blended.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, mix one last time. Sprinkle with cheese if you like!