I looked up a recipe to make it the moment I was back in the West. This would be my ultimate holiday contribution that would leave people begging for more! Now, I pass the recipe on to you and thank Cheryl Souson of The TidyMom Blog, where I found the recipe! I love Cheryl's version because it's easy with a guarantee of deliciousness. Supposedly this dessert originated in St. Louis...then spread to the Amish? Either way I love it!
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Stick butter or margarine, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Combine, Cake mix, 1 egg and melted margarine or butter
- Press into a greased 9×13 pan with your fingers
- Blend, cream cheese, 2 beaten eggs, and powdered sugar until smooth
- Spread over first batter
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until edges are brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar on top after cake has cooled
If you would like to add your own personal touch as I did with the Mandarin Orange slices, go ahead! Enjoy!