My burgers still turned out fabulously, as I topped them with tasty green toppings! After eating the lean turkey meat and layers of green, you will feel well nourished and strong...at least that's how I felt!
What you need (makes 4 servings):
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup pepperoncinis
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- 1 tsp. mayonnaise
- Mix chopped onions, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl with your fingers.
- Add half of pound of ground turkey, mix well with hands.
- Add 1 cup of spinach and remaining turkey meat. Mix with with hands until the ingredients have been well blended with the meat.
- Make four patties.
- Cook patties in a pan over medium heat for about 7 minutes.
- Place patties on bread (or lettuce?) of your choice.
- Top with avocado, pepperoncinis, remaining spinach, cheese and mayonnaise.