Cam's book is all about how we can take the best possible care of our bodies and highlights the importance of eating right.
This frittata recipe is nothing but healthy protein and vegetables...and it's freakin' food pervert approved! However, I would add some cheese the next time around ;)
What you need:
- 1 whole medium onion, sliced
- I handful sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 can of black olives, chopped
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts, we used frozen
- 4 ounces grass fed/finished ground beef, 90/10 (omit beef if you’re vegetarian)
- 2 eggs with yolks
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 – 2 tsp oregano
- 1 – 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 – 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Parsley &/or Basil to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the two eggs, beef (tear into chunks), olives, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat with coconut oil.
- Sauté the onions and artichoke hearts until they are light golden brown (caramelized, yum).
- Add onions and artichokes to previously mixed items in bowl.
- Pour all of your ingredients into a heart-shaped tin, or any other shape you have!
- Distribute goodies evenly.
- Pour egg whites evenly over your ingredients.
- Sprinkle seasonings on top.
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy in bed :)