I also teamed up with Gigi to make a recipe video, check it out below to see both of our ideas in action!
Egg Salad Italiano (8 servings)
- One dozen safe eggs
- 1/2 Cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 Cup diced roma tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 Squeezes fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place eggs in a large pot of cool water and some salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 8 minutes. Transfer eggs to ice water bath and soak for 15 minutes. Peel and chop eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese, gently stirring with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Add tomatoes and basil, again stir until well mixed.
- Squeeze in lemon juice, sprinkle salt and pepper and stir one last time.
- Enjoy on toast, crackers, lettuce, or a spoon!