This week I have an awesome egg salad recipe for you just in time for Easter! However, if you don't celebrate Easter, very okay, egg salad is good any time of year! I have taken an Italian approach in this recipe, using ricotta cheese instead of mayonnaise, sounds good right? Thank you so much to my friends at Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs for helping to make this recipe dream a reality.
Makes 8 servings
• One dozen safe eggs
• 1/2 Cup ricotta cheese
• 3/4 Cup diced roma tomatoes
• 1/4 Cup chopped fresh basil
• 4 Squeezes fresh lemon juice
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Place eggs in a large pot of cool water and some salt. Bring to a boil.
• Remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 8 minutes.
• Transfer eggs to ice water bath and soak for 15 minutes. Peel and chop eggs.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese, gently stirring with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
• Add tomatoes and basil, again stir until well mixed.
• Squeeze in lemon juice, sprinkle salt and pepper and stir one last time.
• Enjoy on toast, crackers, lettuce, or a spoon!