I know it's still 2014, but I am so excited to start 2015 because on January 18th, I will be judging my first food and wine competition at the 4th Annual Ventura County Wine Trail Local Food & Wine Challenge! Can you tell I'm excited? This is going to be an epic event and I am so grateful to have been invited to be a part of it.
Myself, along with five other impressive food and wine experts will be judging 13 different pairings from restaurants and wineries local to Ventura County. There will be two awards given out, "Best Food & Wine Pairing" which will be determined during a blind tasting by the judges, as well as "People's Choice" which will be decided on by attendees. I've already been practicing and getting my palate in shape! Hard work, I know.
Restaurants and Wineries Competing:
- Main Course California & Aldabella Winery
- Café Zack & Alma Sol Winery
- Aloha Steakhouse & Labyrinth Winery
- Paradise Pantry & Plan B Wine Cellars
- Harvest Bar & Kitchen at the Hyatt & Sunland Vintage Winery
- Scratch & Cantara Cellars
- Twenty 88 & Magnavino Cellars
- The Waterside Bar & Grill & Panaro Brothers Winery
- Discovery Ventura & Four Brix Winery
- Paul Martin’s American Grill & Millesime Cellars
- La Dolce Vita & Strey Cellars
- Coastal Grill & Rancho Ventavo Cellars
- Tierra Sur & Herzog Wine Cellars
The evening will also feature a silent auction with all proceeds donated to Hope’s Haven Children’s Charity: a local charity created to enrich the lives of children battling serious illness or injury and assist families facing financial hardship due to their child’s medical condition. An incredibly worthwhile cause.
The competition will take place at the Hyatt Westlake Plaza Hotel from 4:30 pm to 7 pm and is open to the public. VIP tickets may be purchased for $85.00, and general admission for $55.00.
To purchase tickets please visit Eventbrite.
For all other information please visit Ventura County Wine Trail.
Thank you and I hope to see you there! Cheers!